Created

Mar 12, 2013

Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe CQ at New Mexico Department of Transportation

Posted by Adobe

When the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) saw the congestion, roadblocks, bottlenecks, and unnecessary detours on its Website, it chose Adobe Experience Manager, part of the Adobe Marketing Cloud, to map out a new solution.

After eight years, the existing site had grown to an unmanageable 800+ pages. Site visitors had difficulty finding information, and the site’s managers had difficulty ensuring the quality and availability of current content. By choosing Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe CQ, the NMDOT team realized it could offer site visitors a cleaner, simpler, easier-to-use experience and deliver them to a variety of devices.

Jeff Woodman, Web development lead at NMDOT, says, “Adobe Experience Manager gave us a strong foundation for meeting our Web publishing needs today and in the future as we start to think about delivering content on more mobile devices and building social communities.”

New Mexico became the first state Department of Transportation to implement Adobe Experience Manager, including Adobe CQ Web Content Management and Adobe CQ Digital Asset Management. Design and implementation of the new site took only six months, partly due to the easy integration of Adobe’s software with the department’s existing technology. The number of Webpages was trimmed to just 72, which increased the quality and navigability of the site, and improved customer satisfaction both inside and outside NMDOT.

“Site visitors can now find information with just one or two clicks, while with the old system, the same search might have taken seven or more clicks,” says Bruce Oakeley, NMDOT IT Information Systems manager.

The department worked closely with Adobe partners, including training specialists, so staff could rapidly learn to use Adobe Experience Manager and begin publishing when the new system went live. More than two dozen authors can now quickly create and preview content to see how it will appear on Web pages, speeding up the publishing process. Plus, NMDOT is using capabilities within Adobe Experience Manager to help it comply with the state’s Electronic and Information Accessibility Standards (section 508).

Check out NMDOT’s full story here.

COMMENTS

• By trolley rental nyc - 10:19 AM on Nov 06, 2013   Reply
    The New Mexico department of transportation has a good thing going. I enjoyed reading this.
  • By tidung.net - 5:09 AM on Jun 02, 2014   Reply
    Thanks.
    • By apk - 11:28 AM on Jun 06, 2014   Reply
      Thanks.
      • By Tattoos - 4:57 PM on Jun 08, 2014   Reply
        Many Thanks.
        • By catering jakarta selatan - 7:30 PM on Jun 08, 2014   Reply
          i really to say nice tools from adobe. i like it.
          • By step up height - 6:24 AM on Jun 09, 2014   Reply
            StepUp is a wonderful product. I used it for a month and saw a noticeable difference in myself.
            • By criminal lawyer - 9:32 AM on Jun 09, 2014   Reply
              But I have also observed that if it is a valuable display, every attempt will be made to get that particular place.
              • By cipto junaedy - 11:59 AM on Jun 10, 2014   Reply
                thanks for sharing
                • By seo cinta - 7:14 AM on Jun 11, 2014   Reply
                  Unit Link Terbaik Di Indonesia Commonwealth Life Investra Link

• By foto Wedding - 3:52 PM on Jun 11, 2014   Reply
                  i really to say nice tools from adobe. i like it.
                  • By Career in Logistics - 9:15 AM on Jun 15, 2014   Reply
                    Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to provide something again and help others such as you aided me.
                    • By sewa mobil - 2:30 AM on Jun 16, 2014   Reply
                      • By Obat Keputihan - 9:52 AM on Jun 22, 2014   Reply
                        Many Thanks.
                        • By cara daftar libertagia - 1:15 PM on Jul 02, 2014   Reply
                          Anyways, should you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is offf subject however I simply needed to ask.
                          • By Furniture Jepara - 2:57 PM on Jul 04, 2014   Reply
                            Really great post, Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!
                            • By airul - 10:59 AM on Jul 06, 2014   Reply
                              Thanks.
                              • By agen bola terpercaya  - 10:15 AM on Jul 09, 2014   Reply
                                This material also reveals me of how car companies like Bmw were relatively late into the power automobile action because they needed to see other companies be efficient first.
                                • By model baju lebaran - 4:27 PM on Jul 12, 2014   Reply
                                  i really to say nice tools from adobe. i like it.
                                  • By cek tagihan pln - 4:28 PM on Jul 12, 2014   Reply
                                    i really look tools from adobe. i like it.
                                    • By Yamaha R15 indonesia - 8:59 AM on Jul 15, 2014   Reply
                                      i really to say nice tools from adobe. i like it.
                                      • By url opener - 6:23 PM on Jul 15, 2014   Reply
                                        This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work...
                                        • By crystal x international - 8:19 PM on Jul 16, 2014   Reply
                                          I'm impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog that's both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. Your blog is important; the issue is something that not enough people are talking intelligently about.
                                          • By Crystal X Asli - 2:49 AM on Jul 17, 2014   Reply
                                            i really to say nice tools from adobe. i like it.
                                            • By duplichecker - 8:00 PM on Jul 18, 2014   Reply
                                              woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that perfect balance between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a very good job with this.
                                              • By http://a-ventures.ru/index/beltjukov_a/0-17 - 9:42 AM on Aug 04, 2014   Reply
                                                Carter Brownish, CEO of Boulder Power Automobile and a Perfection client, developed the electrical support vehicle, and assured Robichaud to test-drive the vehicle that he experienced would be an ideal fit for the support market because of the brief tracks support specialists generate everyday.
                                                • By the managing director - 12:00 PM on Aug 07, 2014   Reply
                                                  They create use of the ease and stability of digital guiding in numerous systems—including fourth-generation (4G) cellular, direction-finding (DF), signal-intelligence (SIGINT), and electronic-intelligence (ELINT) systems—as an alternative to technical guiding. Although beamforming techniques can sometimes suffer falls in gain under certain guiding conditions, they generally offer much longer and efficient operating lives than automatically steerable aerial arrays.
                                                  • By crystal x asli nasa - 5:34 PM on Aug 10, 2014   Reply
                                                    There is a tendency toward sprawling in the developments of Indonesian cities. A geographical gap exists between the locations of the place of residence and the place of work.
                                                    • By crystal x asli - 5:35 PM on Aug 10, 2014   Reply
                                                      Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
                                                      • By crystal x asli - 5:36 PM on Aug 10, 2014   Reply
                                                        A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views. I hope to see more informative and useful articles in future.
                                                        • By crystal x asli - 5:38 PM on Aug 10, 2014   Reply
                                                          I am not habituate to reply a comment on blogs but this blog caught my attention and I am compelled to write a comment here to express my gratitude to you. I would like to appreciate for this awesome work
                                                          • By to find his location - 10:25 AM on Aug 12, 2014   Reply
                                                            It is our intention to drive the first Electric Van for approximately 90 days and discover all of the nuances that might come with an EV or if there are any design changes we would like to have included with future vans,” said Robichaud.
                                                            • Under the contract, Syngenta and Ceres plan to work together on small-scale tests as well as larger demonstration-scale area assessments with generators this year.
                                                              • By office refurbishment - 11:08 AM on Aug 15, 2014   Reply
                                                                • By the actual web address - 10:23 AM on Aug 16, 2014   Reply
                                                                  My company has some interesting opinions on these issues as we represent a wide range of display organizers as well as companies that display at these actions.