- How to verify the system (OSGi bundles) is in order across various environments (DEV, QA, Pre-prod, DR, PROD ...)
- Some functionality no longer work in another environment,
- How to ensure after upgrade all my bundles are updated.
- How to ensure service pack is installed correctly.
- Some times restoring the instance is not functional. etc...
I would like to thank all for feedback and encouraging words on my earlier article "Unit Testing Email Notification"  & like to share another custom tool called OSGi Diff. This tool help to address some of frequent question I hear from the most customers like
On debugging found one of cause is difference in bundle missing or versions. This tool helps to show the difference by following three simple steps. In the results if you find any mismatch you will know the cause & take appropriate steps. Hope you might find this tool handy.
I frequently encounter the question about Unit testing the Email notification & in support while debugging time is spent waiting for a mail to arrive. In CQ, Email notification happens during "Subscription to page events", "Subscription to forum events", "Perform a step in a workflow" Or "Any custom implementation". Also based on envirnoment you might use "local Mail server", "free smtp server" etc... When you move on to next assignment the envirnoment differs. In this article I am sharing one of the mail utility developed and you might find this helpful.